Thanks for visiting our blog--the best way we could think of to share our updates with our family and friends!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sprain, Sprain, Go Away

Ben returned Friday night from a business trip during which he also helped a good friend move. When I arrived at the airport to pick him up, I noticed he had a slight limp, and his first words to me were..."I have bad news." In the process of the move, he sprained his ankle. Ugh! We had planned again to both go run with our team this morning, so this totally deflated me. But, I recovered from my disappointment and made it out to the course by myself early Saturday. 15 miles/3 hours later...done! Unbelievable.

I've experienced a surprising phenomenon in anticipation of Saturday morning training. Usually on Friday afternoon/evening, I get butterflies, nervous, excited, sleepless--it's like trying to go to sleep the night before Christmas when I was a kid. The first couple nights that I couldn't fall asleep, it really frustrated me, and that just made it worse. So, I've learned to just enjoy the excitement and instead try to get a nap after the workout the next day. It's actually the first time in several years that I personally have had something (other than having Marin) that was so exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. Pretty cool.

I thought I wouldn't be getting my nap today, since we went to our niece's 3rd birthday party, but the stars aligned, and I did get a little siesta. Sweet! Please pray for Ben's ankle to get better quickly, so he can get back in the groove with training very soon. And help us save lives by making a donation today (click the Team In Training logo at the top of our blog page)! We really need to reach our goal asap, so we can focus on our training as we get closer to race day. $2, $5, $10, ANY amount can make a difference!

Here are some pics from our day:




No comments:

Post a Comment