Thanks for visiting our blog--the best way we could think of to share our updates with our family and friends!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

That's right, it's a girl! We learned a few things about our baby today...

1) Most importantly, we can start referring to the baby as a "she," as opposed to "it," or "shim" or "fetus" (I think that one came about at Christmas with the Wheelers).

2) She's very stubborn, just like her Daddy (and maybe a tiny sliver of me ;). It took quite a bit of maneuvering by the sonogram tech to get her to kick out those legs and show that which needed to be seen...or in our case, not seen.

And 3) She carries the Lewis family trait of long toes...the second toe, in particular, being notably longer than the big toe. I inherited this trait from my Dad, so she has her Poppa Gary's trademark long second toe, which we Lewises choose to believe is a sign of intelligence!

I'll ask Ben to post some sonogram pics or other items of note tomorrow, since it's late and I'm tired! But I'm still very blessed to be feeling great.

5 comments:

  1. Whoo Hoo!! I am so excited you are having a little girl! Our girls can love the red and white together :) Also, second toes that are longer the the big toe rock. I love her already. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ... and thanks for the text message earlier, too, with the announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing!! Hallelujah!! I am thrilled beyond words to be a grandparent of this special little girl. I am somewhat teary eyed and emotional at the very thought of how special and wonderful she already is. I believe Ben and Janet are blessed by God to be extraordinary parents. I know she already is loved and this love will grow deeper each day. I rejoice and praise God along with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - A Girl!!! I am so excited for the both of you! And so happy to hear that another family is blessed with the 2nd Long Toe! I always thought it meant I was the head of my household.... Greg seems to not share that opinion! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRLS ARE SO MUCH FUN!!! Oh, I'm so excited for you guys!!! We can start planning the wedding when she's born... Names???

    ReplyDelete