Last weekend, our training schedule called for 6 miles. Every Saturday morning, our Team In Training group meets early to run the scheduled miles. Well, we knew when we first signed up that we wouldn't be able to both go to every Saturday thing, since that would mean we'd have to have someone to watch Marin really early every Saturday. So, last weekend was my turn to go with the team while Ben stayed with Marin, and then he would run his miles on Sunday.
Now, it seems obvious who would have the more difficult task, right?

Running 6 miles for the first time ever, vs. keeping up with Marin? But I know better, because I endeavor to keep up with Marin 5 days a week, and it's not a walk in the park by any means! She's not quite walking yet, but she is everywhere and into everything. Here's a picture of one of their activities from Saturday morning.
Anyway, I completed the 6 miles with great appreciation for Ben letting me go with the team, and then on Sunday morning, he ran his on his own. And to me, that would be a lot more difficult than with the team to help encourage and pace you. Great job, Ben! So far, God has answered our prayers about staying healthy with no injuries!
Love the picture! That is too funny. How does she manage to still look so innocent while surrounded by all the wreckage? I think Ben got a decent amount of exercise at home that morning....
ReplyDelete