Thanks for visiting our blog--the best way we could think of to share our updates with our family and friends!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Update

Ok, fun news first. Marin is now walking more than she is crawling! Can't believe she's a toddler. Woah!

We are almost 20% of the way to our $5,000 fundraising goal, and we are in week 4 of 19 total in the training process. Thank you all for your donations to support our cause. You are due much credit for making a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families. We have learned so much about blood cancers since enlisting with Team In Training. I'll soon post some info on our honored heroes, Helen Lewis (my Grandma), and a 6th-grade leukemia patient, Wade Pierce.

Training update: Our dear friends, the Browns kept Marin on Saturday morning, so Ben and I were both able to go run with the team this week. I'm not gonna lie...we were both in bad moods on our drive to the course. Ben was struggling with a sore knee, and I was just discouraged, in general. But we felt much better after completing 6 miles, and neither of us has any residual aches or pains! Yay! 8 miles next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment